Friday, July 6, 2012

#60 - Tick Tock

Lately, I've been thinking a lot with regards to my career path. Well, not so much on career but you get what I mean. 

My working experience started off in recruitment and I've been in the industry for almost 5 years. Last year, I took a break from recruitment and decided to do administration work. I actually quite like the admin work but definitely not with PR firm. Why not PR firm although I used to have this ambition to become a PR practitioner? One thing for sure, I don't like the idea working after 6 and people actually expected me to reply message/email at 9 -10pm!

To me after 6 is family time. If En. Suami can put everything away after 6, why can't I? After all, he is supposed to be my top priority.

Coming to the end of my temporary employment next month, I started to think what I want to do next. Part of me, I wanted to work in admin side in a relatively small company so less headache. But the ambitious (not so much) side of me wanted to work in another aspect of HR to enhance my knowledge and experience. You know, like talent management etc.

I had a discussion with my colleague the other day and she encouraged me to either continue with recruitment or explore another branch of HR. She believes I am better off in HR rather than admin.

This is where I contemplated a lot. 

Sometimes I wish I had taken a more specific course so I can be definite on what I want to be and to do. 

Well after end of August, I have exactly 4 months to decide what I want to do. But I must act fast as time waits no one.

Till then.

No comments:

Post a Comment