Wednesday, July 4, 2012

#58 - Being ME

I've been thinking a lot lately. Not only about work, my pregnancy, the preparation to welcome our little bundle of joy in the world, house chores, how to make perfect dinner but also on my dressing.

You see, I do wear hijab but I think I do not fully embrace the whole concept of covering your aurah. Before  I got married, I made a "promise" to myself to wear loose-fitting clothes, to always observe my aurah but I think I kinda not fulfill it. YET.

En. Suami made some comments about some of my clothes for being a little bit too tight and short. I took it as a sign not to wear them anymore but that does not necessarily made me not wearing other clothes.

But slowly, I know I have to do it now. My first baby step would be putting away the old, tight fitting clothes, get more loose fitting dresses and blouses and lowering my hijab until it covers my chest. It would take a while though but I want to make it happen. 

I just need all the support that I can. May Allah ease my journey of becoming a better Muslimah and wife.

Ameen.

Till then.

No comments:

Post a Comment