Wednesday, October 31, 2012

#84 - Of Name

I tweeted, "Finding a name for your children is even harder than finding a pair of wedding shoes #truestory"

Why I said that? It took me 3 days and 5 malls to find the perfect wedding shoes and months to decide on a name for our unborn child.

We had a list of possible names but none actually stuck in our head. 

We wanted something Arabic, nothing too common or too modern. A name that is easy to pronoun.

We scoured the whole of internet. 

Until one day, a day before our baby was born, we were watching some show on tv when En. Suami out of sudden suggested "Hawani" (I believe it's from Adam & Hawa hype) but I said no because I have a friend of the same name.

Then, we were toying with some names. Added a few more names in the list. In the end, no choice was made.

After I gave birth, everyone was asking what's the baby's name. We just told them, no decision yet. We showed the list to both of our mothers to get their opinions. Both of them like one name in our list. Which was also the name that we both like. 

So, once we have confirmed the spelling (in Arabic) and meaning, we finally decided the name for our Little Star.

On 15th of October, we officially registered her name; Inas Hanani. 

No comments:

Post a Comment