Thursday, November 7, 2013

#114 - Perth City (Day One & Two)

Assalamualaikum.

Let's continue with my Perth travelogue. 

Perth City - Day One & Day Two

We reached Perth from Geraldton about 8pm. By this time, everyone was hungry including yours truly. But, we have to collect the keys to our rented apartment from owner first. We also took the opportunity to change Inas's diaper as well. After a little bit touring inside the apartment, it was time to go for dinner.

Finding a halal place in Perth was not that difficult as there are plenty of halal joints over there. For our first dinner in Perth, we went to Restaurant D'Nyonya Penang at Victoria Park. 

I though the food was okay. 


The next morning and this is the view from the apartment. Based on our initial itinerary, we were supposed to go to Fremantle for sightseeing as well as have our lunch over there. However, since it was one day before hari raya Aidiladha, my MIL wanted to fast so we made a slight change in our itinerary.

We went for sightseeing within the city itself.


After all, the weather was perfect. We were up quite early that day despite the long journey the day before. Probably we were too excited. Since my MIL and aunty had to wait for my BIL to get ready, we decided to go the city by ourselves. In fact, it is the best way to explore a foreign city; on foot.

The 2 nephews were really excited and keep on saying they wanted to go to Target. They already had something in mind, I think. We went to a few shops, London Court and it's time to have lunch.

While finding halal food is not that hard in Perth, I never thought I could find halal Japanese food.


The restaurant is called Shimizu Donabe & Bento and situated at Murray St. I had Tori Kaarage Don (Crispy chicken, rice and salad) while En. Suami had Tori Katsu Don (crumbed chicken, rice and salad). We also ordered the sushi platter. While the main course was delicious, I couldn't say the same thing about the platter. Well the salmon sushi specifically.

Overall, it was a satisfying lunch.

Later in the evening, we went to Fremantle for break fasting. I wanted to roam around Fremantle actually but since we arrived there slightly after 6, most of the shops were already close. Such a bummer.


We went to Kailis, famous for their fish and chips though I personally think I've tasted better ones. In fact, the one we had at Tropicano's at Geraldton was way better. 

At this time, Inas wasn't feeling very well and was a bit cranky so we hurried up with out dinner and go back to the hotel.

Till my next entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment