Tuesday, February 14, 2012

#32 - Singapore Trip Day 1

My last trip to Singapore was when I was still in kindergarten and it was a day trip. Obviously, I could not remember a thing. I always try to find time to go there ever since I graduated but time seems not on my side. Plus money too.

So when my Singaporean friend whom I traveled with to Melbourne told me that's she's getting married, I took the opportunity to go to Singapore. Besides, she came all the way for my wedding, I should return the favour.

What makes this trip even more exciting, my fellow BENLians will be joining us as well since they know the bride.

After months of searching the cheapest flights to Singapore, we finally decided to fly with Tiger Airways. If you asked me, I would rather fly with Air Asia. But, it's a bit too expensive since it's quite last minute.

Our flight was on 3rd February at 12pm. My friend was so nice to prepare us directions to get to our hotel from the airport. So from airport we took a bus and it went straight to our hotel. From the bus stop, it was quite a distance to walk but we definitely enjoy the walk.

We stayed at The Fragrance Hotel, Joo Chiat. The facilities were very basic but that's good enough for us as we would be out of the room most of the time.

After we freshened up and performed our prayers, we headed to Bedok to my friend's house. Again, based on my friend's directions, we managed to locate her house. We met with the family and had our dinner there. Around 8, we excused ourselves as we were tired plus we have to get up early next day for her solemnization ceremony.

Once we reached Joo Chiat, the area was quite lively as we expected because of the pubs and karaoke places. There were a lot of Vietnamese restaurants around the area as well as some Malay cafes.

We didn't make any stops as we were already tired. We reached our room, performed our prayer, prepare for tomorrow and get ready to sleep.

I'll update with the Day 2 later.

Till then.

No comments:

Post a Comment