Monday, August 25, 2014

#130 - Celebration

Assalamualaikum.

August has been a hectic month for me. Endless work, weddings, open houses and gatherings.

Speaking of gathering, this month alone I've organized two different events for two different groups of people within the span of 2 weeks. I forgot how much details that I need to take into account when organizing gatherings. Date, venue, theme, sending out invitations. Tiring but fun nonetheless.

The first gathering was with my fellow Fanatics to celebrate our 10 Years Anniversary. We made a plan to commemorate this event since last year. So poyo liddat. Hahaha. We wanted to have something special thus the need to block the date as soon as possible. Tapi sesungguhnya kita hanya mampu merancang tapi Allah yang menentukan.



Though there were some setbacks but we managed to pull through. It was a joyous event indeed. Had so much fun with the girls like always. 

We have gone through a lot for the past 10 years; memories, laughter, sweat and tears. We may have our differences but we managed to put everything behind us and enjoying each other company. For the past 10 years, I had so much fun and experienced so many new things with them.  May Allah bless this friendship always.

The second gathering was something that I put together for a dear friend who will be getting married in October. The bridal shower had to be done earlier as the party organizer is pretty busy herself.

The theme was Traditional Malay and suggested by the bride to be so I tried to think of something that won’t cost a bomb. It was only a few days before the bridal shower that I managed to come up with the design of the cake, the props, decoration and the activity.  



The table setting, decoration and props; kain batik lepas and tepak sireh (both from my mom's collection). Welcome sign designed by me using Microsoft Word (hahahaha)


The activity; Advice for the bride. 


The cake. Ordered through Pinkies Cupcakes. The cake probably the only thing that I really worried as I ordered quite last minute but Darna (the cakemaker) was so accommodating. The cake was delicious. And I'm glad the bride to be liked the cake.

Alhamdulillah, the bridal shower went well.

Despite the minor hiccups and setbacks, I'm glad everyone had a good time. Insya Allah more to come.

Till then.

No comments:

Post a Comment