Thursday, March 1, 2012

#38 - Stepford Wife

I prepared dinner last night after a very long hiatus from the kitchen. There was always dinner with families or friends.

At the office, I already planned what I want to cook. Since I forgot to take out the chicken from the freezer in the morning so I decided to make the next best thing; fried rice. Nasi goreng belacan to be exact. I googled on the recipe (yes, I am that noob) and finally settled with the simplest way of making it.

As I was very excited of making the dish, it was such a sickening moment when you found out the belacan that you know was in the fridge is no longer edible. Then, instead of using the traditional belacan, I used the belacan seasoning. And it didn't turn out to be something like you imagined.

IMAGINE THE FRUSTRATION.

I was close to tears at that time but I kept it together and started to prepare the table for dinner.

Despite En. Suami kept having second and third helpings, I felt bad. I felt that I am such a bad cook that I can't even prepare a decent meal for my husband. At the end of my meal, I started crying.

En. Suami said I have such a high standard in my cooking whereas he felt that it was ok.

Maybe I have too high expectation. I wanted everything to be perfect, you know the Stepford Wife perfect but it's getting out of control. I should learn to let loose.

Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment