Friday, October 25, 2013

#111 - Travelling with Inas

Assalamualaikum.


The picture above was taken at one of the attractions at Kalbarri National Park. The view at Kalbarri was breathtaking and made the 2 hours journey worth it.

Before I blog more about the attractions in Perth and Adelaide, let me share my experience travelling with a baby/toddler. When En. Suami mentioned we would be going for a holiday in Ausralia a few months back, the first thing that came to mind was, how am I supposed to travel with a baby.

Part One: Packing The Essentials.

I love to travel but I despise packing. It took so much of my energy and time. Sometimes, it took me more than a week to plan what to wear and pack. Imagine, now I have to pack for a baby too. Not helping when Inas does not have that much of long sleeve tops. We are living in Malaysia for heaven sake.

After rummaging the whole wardrobe and came up with a decent number of outfits, I called it a day. Told En. Suami, we can always do laundry over there or better still, just get new one. End of story.

Prior to the trip, I did a lot of research and reading on travelling with a baby to prepare myself for the holiday. I came up with a checklist for Inas and me so I won't be leaving out any important stuffs.

I must say the checklist is a huge help. 

However, we did leave behind the stroller. One, Inas does not really like to seat in a stroller. Two, with all the luggage and my MIL's wheelchair, I don't think it would fit into our rented van.

Part Two: Entertainment

Unfortunately for me, Inas is not really into toys. She will only be interested with a toy for 10 minutes and that's it. Then, she would go and find something else to amuse her. But we do pack her new toy, just in case. 

During our flight, instead of playing with her new toy, she insisted of walking down the aisle and socializing with everyone. Though I'm a bit worried she would disturb others but at least, better than screaming her lung out.

But, I was really thankful when En. Suami decided to downloaded Ya Hanana on our iPad as it did come in handy every single time. When she was being a bit clingy, refuse to seat in her car seat or even sleep. Put Ya Hanana on, tadaa!

Part Three: Change of Weather

When we reached Perth, we took another 5 hours journey to Geraldton. And that 10 hours journey finally take its toll on Inas. She started to develop fever and cold on the second day. Being such a darling, she never cries. Only being a little bit clingy.

Her fever was on and off during our stay in Geraldton. But when in Perth, her temperature went slightly higher. That was when I got really panic and keep on blaming myself. To make things worse, I don't have any medication with me except for vicks. I did everything I can to lower down the temperature. Alhamdulillah. On our last day in Perth, she was no longer has fever and looked so much better.

Lesson learned. Must always prepare medicine. 

Overall, it has been a wonderful holiday trip. Besides the little hiccup, Inas did really enjoy the extra quality time with the grandmother, cousins and of course her beloved parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment