Tuesday, May 29, 2012

#45 - UK Trip: London City

"London Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down. London Bridge is falling down, may Fair Lady". I'm not sure with the current generation but we used to have a game based on this song. This song came to my mind when we decided to go to London.

We took a bus from Bristol and it took us 2 hours to reach London. It was raining when we reached there. We had driver waiting for us at the bus station to bring us to apartment. But after some discussion, we decided to stop over at Stamford Bridge Stadium first as it's on the way.


This was En. Suami's suggestion as he is a Chelsea fan. Although I claimed to be a United fan, but I don't care really which stadiums we go. To me, it's a photo shoot opportunity. Hahaha. En. Suami obviously was super happy. I didn't buy anything here because none of my family member is a fan of Chelsea.

After that, we had some middle eastern lunch and we stopped by at the apartment to drop off all our luggage to make some space for our purchases for our shopping trip to Beicester Village later.

Biecester Village is one of the family factory outlets in London. But still, I didn't shop that much because it was still considered expensive to me. That, ladies and gentlemen, requires a lot of self-control.

After the shopping madness, it was the end of day one.

The next day was dedicated for a City tour.




Our first stop was at the London Tower Bridge then we off to see Big Ben and of course changing guards at Buckingham Palace. Then we stopped for lunch at a place called "Jom Makan" where the served Malay cuisine before we off to Trafalgar Square which was around the corner.

Later, we went to White Lilies to shop, Royal Albert Hall and few other places that I could not recall the names. Initially I wanted to go to Madame Tussaud but we were running out of time. So, I'm gonna save that place for my next trip to London which I don't even know when yet.

Our last day in London, we had breakfast at Malaysian Hall and we off to Swindon Designer Outlet. Yes, another round of shopping. We spent like 2 and half hours there and back to Bristol.

Till my next entry on my UK trip :)

No comments:

Post a Comment