Friday, May 25, 2012

#44 - UK Trip: Stopover in Amsterdam and Hello Bristol

The UK trip was rather a last minute decision by En. Suami. The initial plan was only between my parents in law and sister in law. We departed from KLIA on 6th April to Amsterdam by MAS. It was definitely the longest journey ever as I was having trouble to sleep. 

I was excited and the seat was not that comfortable. Who can blame me?

We reached Schipol International Airport at about 7.15am. Since we already checked in our luggage from KL straight to Bristol and had 6 hours of transit, we planned to use the time to visit Keukenhof, the largest flower garden in the world.



I'm not really a fan of flowers but to me tulips are very pretty. So ever since I was a little girl, I always wanted to see tulips in Amsterdam. Yes, I can see tulips at any other places too but there's nothing like seeing a flower from where it's really belong. 

It was a beautiful sight at Keukenhof despite the tulips were not fully bloom. I'm sure once the tulips are in full bloom, it will be a magnificent scenery. We spent like one and half hours there. Obviously we didn't fully covered the whole place but it was enough to me.

Dream #1: To visit tulips garden in Amsterdam Checked!

We took a bus and went back to the airport as we have a plane to catch. There, we met up with my parents in law, sisters in law and nephew. From there, we flown to Bristol by KLM and the journey took about one hour.

In Bristol, we stayed over at my another SIL's house. She is currently in Bristol pursuing her doctorate.


The very next day we visited Bristol City and it was pretty much dead because of Easter weekend. We were literally window shopping. Haha. Hey, at least we got to eat at halal KFC.

The first 2 days, we spent most of our time in Bristol before our trip to London which I will tell in my next entry.

Till then.

No comments:

Post a Comment