Wednesday, October 15, 2014

132 - Dubai (Arrival)

Assalamualaikum.

It has been almost month and a half after we got back from our annual holiday trip. Like I have mentioned earlier, we went to Dubai and Abu Dhabi and were there for a week.

Our initial plan was to go somewhere else but after some calculations, we decided not to proceed. Everything went back to normal until one day, En. Suami dropped the idea of going to Dubai.

Truthfully, I wasn't quite keen to go because the first image that came to my mind was a desert. I don't know. When he was ecstatically selling the idea to me, I didn't feel excited at all. Padang pasir je kot. Nak excited macam mana uolls. Hahaha.

Obviously I googled about Dubai. When I saw the pictures of Burj Al Arab and Burj Al Khalifa, then only it hit my mind. I was like, "bodohlah kau nie". Masa tu baru rasa nak excited.

We got quite a good rate for the flight tickets and even good rates for hotels. 

As usual, I started to list down all the places that I wanted to go but didn't get to properly organized the itinerary because I was swarmed with work. 

For some reason, I decided to go with the flow rather than cracking my head arranging the itinerary.

Inas behaved well during our flight to Dubai. She slept half of the journey, watched Finding Nemo and tried to hold a conversation with other uninterested passengers. Hahaha. But all in all everything was okay.


We arrived in Dubai about 6ish in the evening. It was quite a long walk to the immigration counter. All the Pak Arabs looked so damn intimidating but the process was quite smooth for us.

We decided to take a taxi to our hotel. Though we have the option to go to our hotel by taking the Metro (their version of LRT) but with 2 luggage and stroller, we decided not to. Buat penat je.


No, that was not the total fare but the meter starts at AED25 (equivalent to RM25. More or less). Nak nangis uols, bayar taxi fare.

Upon checking in at the hotel, we thought of going out again to find something to eat. But this pregnant lady and the cranky toddler decided, it was best to stay at the hotel and made do with whatever we have. So tired already.

We called it a night and ready for some middle eastern adventure the next day.

Till then.

No comments:

Post a Comment